Several studies show that laughter can extend your life by reducing stress and keeping your blood vessels elastic. This means that the internet — which is a great source of humor, if you know where to look — can actually help you live longer!
Here are some internet “laughter resources” to help you live a longer and funnier life.
Laughter is best when you can share it. If you want to chuckle at the same stuff everyone else is laughing at on the internet right now, check out these viral humor sites.
- Quickmeme Do you enjoy hilarious memes like “High Expectations Asian Father” and “Socially Awkward Penguin”? Then Quickmeme is the place for you!
- Imgur — This site (and smartphone app) features the most popular viral pictures and videos from around the web, ranging from cute bunny animated GIFs, to a hilarious video of a Corgi floating in a bathtub, to funny baby videos.
The funniest thing about satirical news sites is when you post them on Facebook and your friends think they’re real. The most popular one is The Onion, though The Horowitz Report is also a good repository of fake news.
Check out this Guide to Fake News Websites for even more sites to spoof your friends with.
These are some good general humor sites with a good mix of funny images, videos, and satire, and funny listicles. We’ve included a funny sample headline for each site so you get the flavor of each one.
- College Humor — “15 Cartoon Images Made Inappropriate By a Single Logo”
- ClickHole — “VIDEO: Towels Explained in 90 Seconds”
- Cracked — “6 Bizarre Ways Companies Subliminally Screw With Stuff On TV”
- FunnyorDie — “Sesame Street’s Jurassic Park Parody Is The Mashup We Needed And The One We Deserve”
Who says comics are just for kids? If you still like to read the “funnies,” you’ll want to check out the descriptions of these awesome adult comics.
- Fill the Silence — “True facts for when you find yourself in the middle of an awkward pause.”
- The Oatmeal— “The Oatmeal’s real name is Matthew and he lives in Seattle, Washington. He subsists on a steady diet of crickets and whiskey.”
- xkcd — “A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.”
- Crimes Against Hugh’s Manatees — “A daily comic strip.”
If all else fails, try online laughter yoga. It might sound weird, but some people swear by it. All you need to get acquainted with the technique is an internet connection — watch a video on laughter meditation or attend an online laughter class.
Want to start your own funny website? Check out our Montreal web hosting plans!